Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Predictions!

I know the Oscars are ongoing right now, but that's okay because my predictions are for awards that don't happen until the end of the show. So I only was able to watch 6 of the 9 Best Picture nominees this year, but whatever I can still make guesses. Plus, by the way the best picture category is quite sub par this year. The films are good, but nothing blows you away like The King's Speech did last year. Anyways, to the predictions.

Best Picture: The Descendants
Best Actor: George Clooney - The Descendants
Best Actress: Viola Davis - The Help
Best Director: Alexander Payne - The Descendants
Best Original Screenplay: Woody Allen - Midnight in Paris
Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon - The Descendants

The Descendants will be the big winner obviously if I end up being correct. Remember, these are who I think will win, not necessarily who I want to win. Let's hope I'm right! Enjoy the show!

UPDATE: So I went 2 for 2 on the screenplay awards, but unfortunately missed all of the others. I really wanted Viola Davis to win and thought she should've, though I'm sure Meryl Streep, who did win, did a great job in The Iron Lady. As for the other awards they all went to The Artist. I will be posting a full work up of the winners shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment